Community Relations Coordinator
Position Type: Permanent, Full-Time
The team at Reside combines decades of experience in community relations and communications and has worked behind the scenes with many nonprofits and community support programs. We believe trust is fostered through honest, clear and supportive conversations and it’s this belief that guides our work with communities. Given our team’s background in communications, development, counselling and community relations, we believe we can create a positive and respectful transition to change.
We work on-the-ground in each neighbourhood to hear and address concerns first-hand. We draw on our knowledge of community support programs and the development process to plan neighbourhood events, facilitate cross-community partnerships, engage with tenants in need of relocation support services. Reside supports developers, tenants and communities through times of change.
About the Role
The individual coming into this role will have relevant experience related to real estate development and/or community relations with a wide range of administrative skills. The ideal candidate will have a down to earth, compassionate demeanour and enjoy working with diverse groups. Applicants must demonstrate an interest in learning and developing their skillset relating to community engagement and tenant relations.
- Support and execute tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Assist in collecting all required project material and information
- Assist in conducting community outreach and tenant meetings
- Assist in the creation and management of internal and external documentation and communication
- Assist in coordination of internal and external meetings
- Independently manage documentation of all tracking and reporting
- Independently manage projects as required
- Attend weekly team meetings
- Outgoing, friendly and responsible self starter who works well independently and with others
- High degree of self awareness and interpersonal skills
- Post-secondary education in communications, or another relevant field
- Minimum of 1-2 years of community relations experience
- Experience and knowledge of real estate development and/or residential rental preferred
- Strong knowledge or experience in communications an asset
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Superior verbal/written communications skills, fluency in English
- Ability to manage priorities and balance deadline-driven work load with complete accuracy
- Ability to work some evenings
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation will be dependent on relevant experience. After 3 months of employment, the individual will be entitled to Reside’s comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Enrollment in an extended health, vision/dental plan
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- 1 work from home day/month
- Sick days and personal days
- Partial mobile phone reimbursement
How to Apply
Email your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful candidates will be contacted and while we appreciate the time required to apply, we ask that applicants do not call the office to follow up.